I personally am not a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I know that this puts me in an extreme minority in Pittsburgh sports circles, but, thats just me. I read the Pittsburgh Post Gazette every day and am generally a fan of all things Pittsburgh. My favorite Pittsburgh hotel is the Omni William Penn because of its nostalgia and friendly service. I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh back in 1992 and even though I am a born and bred Pittsburgher, I chose to live in Oakland in lieu of commuting for the “so called” college experience Of the many ethnically diverse choices available to people looking for a good restaurant in Pittsburgh, I usually choose italian and until it closed Palio’s in Beechview was world class followed by Bucca di Beppo’s and finally for a quick fix, Fiori’s off of West Liberty Avenue. I am the biggest Pittsburgh Pirate fan in Pittsburgh, even with them being less than stellar for the past decade or so. I think that the Pittsburgh Tribune Review is an absolute farce. Newsflash, this is not a Pittsburgh paper, it is more a Monroeville or East suburb paper than anything. Just look at the classified section, all you see are listings in the Laurel Valley area. Not a Pittsburgh Paper, sorry Tribune :p
Pittsburgh, PA has it all. We have two major sports teams (Steelers and Pirates) oh, and than there is the Pittsburgh Penguins. Anybody that knows me is already aware of my feelings towards the Pens and hockey in general. It is a farce. Please tell me this, Penguin fans, why does hockey even go through a regular season when 90% of the teams make the playoffs, and than the playoffs last for like 3 months after the regular season (a bit of an exaggeration maybe). It is a dying sport and I will do everything in my power to ensure that they do not receive ANY public funding for this new arena. Further, I think it clearly demonstrates how ridiculous hockey is that they would actually allow the owner of a sports franchise throw their hat into the ring for a gambling license…Pete Rose anyone?
While Pittsburgh newspapers are generally dominated by the biggies, I do like the South Hills Record and The Almanac for the local rub on things. I hear that Pittsburgh Steeler tickets have already become the most sought after item for the 2006 season, even with them not even playing a game yet.
I am an avid collector of old photography of Pittsburgh scenes. My favorite Pittsburgh camera shop is the Camera Exchange. It has many old historical photos of the Pittsburgh area long before all of the expansion and industrialization. Can you imagine that at one time West Liberty Avenue was all farm land? lol…pretty weird.
k, now for the nuts and bolts and taboo topics about me:
1. I am pro-choice, but not as a method of birth control. I believe both extremes on this topic are dead wrong. Abortion needs to be available in situations where the mother’s life could be placed in jeopardy or in instances of rape or incest. It should not, however, be used as a tool to remove someone from responsibility after a night of partying. That is simply not right.
2. I believe president Bush is a moron. This does not mean that he is always an idiot, but, it just amazes me that someone can attain the highest position in America while not being the brightest bulb. I would love to see this fellas transcripts and I think anyone running for public office should have to disclose this information. While being a genius does not necessarily translate into being a great leader, I believe that person needs to at least be of “average intelligence”, which regretably the acorn fell VERY FAR from Bush Sr. What the heck happened there? By the way, the mere fact that a MAJORITY of you out there voted for this moron, also makes YOU IN THE MAJORITY, MORONS. Unfortunately, #1 seemed to have alot to do with why many of you voted for Bushie again and this makes many of you actually far more retarded than Bush himself. All Bush did was run for office again, he didn’t click the levers. Let me explain for those of you out there reading this growing angry Many of you religious right wingers voted for this idiot simply because of pro-choice. What hypocrits you are! This is the same fella that set records for sending more people to their deaths at the hands of the Texas Penal system. Wake up people! THAT IS A SIN and it is the same sin as abortion. THOU SHALL NOT KILL PERIOD….and for those of you out there attempting to rationalize this, don’t bother, because you have not the mental capacity to do such a thing :p
3. I believe in the death penalty. At least i’m not a hypocrit, i believe in abortion to If anything, the death penalty process should be sped up. I think it is terribly wrong that alot of these folks spend 10, 20 years on death row and during that time some actually become decent members of society-that is not right. This whole process should take a maximum of a month and should not be based on technicalities. For that matter, the whole American Justice system is completely out of whack. People who are sentenced to prison, should spend the time that they were sentenced in prison. If you are sentenced to 10 years, you should be there at least 10 years PERIOD. If you behave adequately, you should than be released after that 10 years, if you misbehave, they should add on time to your sentence.
4. Right Wing Religious Zealots ARE EVIL and you will all BURN IN HELL. Jesus was first and foremost about tolerance of other people and their views and the further you are away from his primary teachings, the deeper your soul burns.
5. Corporations are truly EVIL. They do not give a crappola about the average person. If you asked a CEO completely off the record (as if there is such a thing) (for this exercise it will be a toy manufacturer) if they were told that their toy posed an extreme health/deadly risk to children and were advised by their attorney’s that it would cost them less to settle lawsuits after the fact than to redo the toy, what choice do you think they would make? Even you right wingers may get this answer right :p
6. Republicans have sold their souls to the corporate world. This isn’t even a stretch to say – but, wait a moment, you are going to become completely confused by my next statement: Democrats have done the same thing :O – SHOCKING ISN’T IT? Seriously though, I think we should quit this charade of government officials pretending to care about the people, because it is a charade. We should simply make it official and issue stock on some of these bozos. Than at least we may have some inkling on who owns who. Imagine the NYSE reporting on this ; luckily the democrats could still be in the NASDAQ. (a poor pun :p)
7. Did i mention the biggest EVIL the media? And no, im not talking about regular network television; i am talking about FOX. I am clearly convinced that Rupert Murdoch is SATAN. Only the dark overlord himself could run FOX news, the right wings only news channel on one station, than an episode of the OC or (fill in the blank scandalous reality show) on another channel. The levels of hypocrisy this fella seems to represent has no bounds. The funniest thing about this is the 700 club actually purchases air time on FOX – LMAO; Come on people, see it for what it really is!
8. Bring the troops home! Enough already! It amazes me that people actually admire Bushie for being a moron. Oh yea, him “not changing his mind”, “staying the course”; yeah, that represents alot of intelligence. You know, I can trick my dog every time by pretending to throw a stick for him to fetch; just because his reaction is consistent, does not make him smart ;p. The war was a complete mistake and is going to be a disaster for many generations to come. Yes, Saddam Hussein was a bad guy, but guess what, the world is LOADED with bad guys. They say that Hussein may have been responsible for the deaths of 200K people, that is awful, but did you know that there is a fella in Africa that has been linked to the genocidal killing of over 20 MILLION? Poor Africa, if only they had oil.
9. Our nations economy has been a work of ficition for a good long time. If you think the dow jones climbing through the roof is an indication of the current economy, you are sadly mistaken. If you think a republican president and house has anything to do with the dow jones skyrocketing, you are once again WRONG…nope, my friends, its all about technology…see, daytraders are actually what is to blame for the over inflated stock prices that you see to date-the internet scores another run
10. Pretty much the last thing that you need to know about what I think (like you even care) is that you are wrong and I am right about pretty much everything. I will allow anyone to respond to my posts, but be prepared to be verbally assassinated in front of millions (or maybe just you and I depending on the web traffic
Seriously though, I have strong opinions about pretty much everything; ask me and i’ll answer – you may not like my answer, but I will not delete your post simply because I don’t like what you say – that is censorship and I don’t believe in it.